Workers' Compensation Lawyer
Florence, Boone County, KY | Covington, Kenton County, KY
You do not have to fight the insurance company by yourself. Let me help you.
I am a fighter!
You may have a right to receive these benefits:
- Temporary total disability income benefits
- Permanent partial-or-total disability income benefits
- Lifetime medical care for the work-related injury
- Reimbursement of expenses like mileage to the doctor's office
- Vocational rehabilitation if you can no longer perform your customary work
- Right to reopen your claim if your disability increases within the allotted time
Many employees are injured every year but never ask an attorney for advice until after they are no longer able to work, which may be days, weeks or years after their injury. It can be very difficult to help an employee who has let what would have been a good claim go bad.
Ultimately you have to prove the claim if you want the benefits you've earned to support yourself and your family. Do not just go home and cry into your pillow. You need to document your claim immediately and continuously:
- Take pictures of the accident scene and any visible injuries
- Preserve any relevant documents or other evidence
- Get witnesses' home address and phone numbers
- Tell your doctor all your injuries, not just those in their specialty, and make sure they write them all down; otherwise there will be no record of it
- Document time lost from work with both your employer and your doctor. Make sure they write down that it is due to your work-related injury.
- Keep a daily diary of your pain and how your injuries limit your daily activities, because your memory will never be as fresh as it is each day you go through it
- Call a lawyer who will try to put more money in your pocket than you could ever do on your own